Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. protects the fees that are paid in advance by international students. International student fee protection is ensured as follows:
- The Tuition fee is preferred to be collected according to an agreed payment schedule.
- Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. pays into the Tuition Protection Service (TPS) provided by the Australian Government. If Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. is unable to provide a refund or place you in an alternative course, our Tuition Protection Service (TPS) will place you in a suitable alternative course at no extra cost to you. Finally, if TPS cannot place you in a suitable alternative course or if there are no suitable alternative courses or offers, you may apply for a refund of the amount of any unspent pre-paid tuition fees you have paid to Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. These are any tuition fees you have already paid that are directly related to the course which you haven’t yet received. In the case of provider default, there is no requirement for a student to lodge a refund application form.
Prospective and current students are advised of the fees associated with a course on the relevant Course Outline and on the Student Agreement. In compliance with Clause 2 and 4 of the National Code 2018, this is provided prior to enrolment or commencement of training, whichever is first.
Refund information is outlined in the Student Agreement and in the Student Handbook.
Fees will only be collected once a signed copy of the signed Student Agreement is received by Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd.
Unless otherwise specified, course fees include all the training and assessment required for students to achieve the qualification or course in which they are enrolling. Course fees will clearly itemise tuition, as well as non-tuition fees.
- Course fees mean the tuition fee, materials fee and other mandatory expenses. Material fees include copies of textbook extract, hand-out and other mandatory learning materials. Any optional textbooks and materials that may be recommended but not necessarily required for a course, are not included in course fees and will be mentioned as an additional cost, should the student wish to purchase such materials. If text/library books are lost and need to be replaced, the student will be required to cover the cost of the replacement materials.
- Course fees include the issuance of a testamur and record of results and/or statement of attainment. For additional copies or re-issuing of any of these documents, an additional fee is applicable. Refer Schedule of Charges.
- Course fees do not include Overseas Student Health Cover or optional extras such as airport pickups. These fees are at an additional cost as outlined in the Schedule of Charges.
Students who are experiencing difficulty in paying their fees are invited to call our office to make alternative arrangements for payment during their period of difficulty.
Students will be communicated before 14 calendar days of a payment due date. For delays in payment, an additional fee may be charged a late payment fee (consult the schedule of charges). Debts will be referred to a debt collection agency where fees are more than 40 days past due. Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to suspend the provision of training and/or other services until fees are brought up to date. Students with long-term outstanding accounts may be withdrawn from their course if payments have not been received and no alternative arrangements for payment have been made.
International students who do not pay their fees will be reported to DET via PRISMS under student default.
Students who withdraw from a course and wish to seek a refund or have the amount they owe on their fees reduced must apply to Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. in writing, outlining the details and reason for their request. Students who have not completed a withdrawal form are not eligible for consideration of a refund or reduction in fees.
Refund applications must be made in writing to the Principal Executive Officer (through contact details of SSM). Refunds are expected to be paid from college’s end in AUD without any accrued interest within 28 working days (but not later than 90 calendar days of application, if any banking/technical reason make it delayed)) of receipt of a written application and will include a statement explaining how the refund was calculated. The student has to provide own bank account details or indicate the specified person in the designated section of this agreement to receive the refund.
Students may be charged a non-refundable application processing fee/enrolment fee which is outlined in the fee section. This fee is non-refundable except in the unlikely situation where Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. is required to cancel a course for insufficient numbers, own inability to commence a course or for other unforeseen circumstances. In this case, students will receive a full refund of their application processing fee/enrolment fee.
A total amount of Tuition fees received for the course less whichever is the lower amount of 5% of tuition fee or the sum of $500.
If an international student is refused a visa (student default) but has already commenced their course
Application processing fees (and other Non-tuition fees, if any, collected by college or agent) will not be refunded. However, tuition fees will be refunded from the day of the student default as per Section 7 of the Education Services for Overseas Students (Calculation of Refund) Specification 2014.
100% refund of tuition fees
- Where a course does not start on the starting date outlined in the Letter of Offer
- If a student cannot commence the course because of illness, disability or where there is the death of a close family member of the student (parent, sibling, spouse or child).
- At the discretion of Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd.’s CEO/PEO or approved representative, when other special or extenuating circumstances have prevented the student from commencing their studies including political, civil or natural events.
- If an offer of a place is withdrawn by Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. and this is not due to incorrect or incomplete information being provided by the student.
70% refund of tuition fees
Withdrawal notified in writing and received by Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. 28 Calendar days or more prior to class commencement
50% refund of tuition fees
Withdrawal notified in writing and received by Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. within less than 28 calendar days prior to class commencement.
No refund of current semester tuition fees.
Withdrawals notified in writing and received by Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. on the commencement date or after the class commences.
In the unlikely event that Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. is unable to deliver your course in full, you will be offered a refund of all the course money you have paid to date. The refund will be paid to you within 28 working days of the day on which the course ceased being provided. If Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. is unable to provide a refund or place you in an alternative course our Tuition Protection Service (TPS) will place you in a suitable alternative course at no extra cost to you. Finally, if TPS cannot place you in a suitable alternative course or if there are no suitable alternative courses or offers, you may apply for a refund of the amount of any unspent pre-paid tuition fees you have paid to Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. These are any tuition fees you have already paid that are directly related to the course/training which you haven’t yet received. In the case of provider default, there is no requirement for a student to lodge a refund application form.
Education Services for Overseas Students (Calculation of Refund) Specification 2014 may be consulted for calculating an amount of refund for provider default or student default if needed.
Fees not listed in the refund section are not refundable. Prior to a student enrollment, tuition fees may be altered with or without notice. Once a student has completed enrolment, fees will not be subject to change for the normal duration of the course. If a course length is extended by the student, then any fee increases will be required to be paid for the extended component of the course.
Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd. will provide the outcome of the refunded assessment in writing to the student’s registered address, outlining the decision and reasons for the decision along with any applicable refund or adjustment notice. Refund will be provided in the Australian dollar.
Students will be advised that they may appeal the refunded assessment following Training Organisation NSW Pty. Ltd.’s Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure.